Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Unique Rock Church, Helsinki




 One of the most unique modern churches that I have visited is the incredible

Temppeliaukio Church also called the Rock Church in Helsinki, Finland.



This church was built by brothers Timo and Tuomo and opened in 1969.

The Church was built out of a solid rock outcrop.



The Church has an extraordinary, ethereal, dome made of gleaming copper wire, and concrete beams with glass in an amazing design.




 The rough walls of raw rock gleaming in the light of the flickering candles, the unadorned altar, the birch wood benches and the golden sunbeams streaming in like a thousand dancing elves entranced me.


The church is a favoured place for concerts because of its excellent acoustics due to the rough, rock surfaces.



This unique church has no bells- just recorded chimes played on loudspeakersJ
 Usually,English-language worship services are conducted every Sunday at 2pm.




3 comments:

Dear friend, allow me to nominate you for Liebster Award... please have a look at the following link:

http://itsmywalls.blogspot.in/2013/03/my-first-liebster-award.html

hi Ms Kalpana...

its a pleasure reading ur blogs n travelling thru ur pics....although ve always wanted an dreamt of travelling the globe n being a globe trekker...m trying hard..very hard to peace out with my every average life as a banker....but ur blogs gives me some solace.....m not sure when ll get my turn.... pl do continue trvllng , living n inspiring....chrs n rgds..krishna Vishwanath,9164400969.

You're so cool! I don't think I have read something like that before.

So wonderful to discover another person with some genuine thoughts on this subject.

Really.. many thanks for starting this up. This website is something that's needed on the web, someone with some originality!

Here is my homepage; souvenirs in Chiang Mai

Post a Comment

I would love your feedback! Please do leave your comments!

Powered by Blogger.