Sunday, September 30, 2012

FOOTBALL FEVER



When I was in Madrid a couple of months back, I took a tour of the iconic Bernabeu Stadium, the home of Real Madrid, for an insight into the heady world of football. Though I am not a great football fan, I knew that I was on hallowed ground.


The Santiago Bernabeu Stadium owned by the Real Madrid Company is an amazing stadium seating over 80,000 spectators and the backdrop of some iconic victories.


I first took a glass elevator to the stadium’s upper concourse which is 50 metres above the pitch and got a a bird’s eye view of the stadium. I imagined the roars of the screaming fans as a crucial goal is shot...


The tour took us through the players locker rooms and the the player’s tunnel.           





 We walked around the pitch...Seeing the turf at ground level was an incredible experience!


You could even sit in the ‘ bench’ and imagine you were a Real Madrid Player...



This is the press room where players are interviewed after a match.








 We visited the museum and trophy   packed with lavish trophies, shoes and jerseys showcasing the team’s long history.            

And ended up in the store for some retail therapy!                

4 comments:

Oooo the golden boot ... Classic!!

Thanks Snehal for stopping by!

Thanks Raghav, that's right the golden boot awarded to the top goal scorer..

Post a Comment

I would love your feedback! Please do leave your comments!

Powered by Blogger.